Monday, November 9, 2009

Monday

Psalm 73:26- My health may fail, and my spirit may grow weak, but God remains the strength of my
                       heart; he is mine forever.

     My life has been very overwhelming the past month and continues to be throughout this semester. It has come to the point that I feel I am not able to spend the time I would like to with friends, I can't talk to my girlfriend as frequently as I would like, I'm unable to be studying God's Word just for enjoyment, I'm not being as dedicated of a prayer leader as I would like to be and so on. I mean I still have place for each of these in my schedule but I don't feel I have time to do as much as I would like to. Homework has reached a point where it essentially controls my time to the point where I can be putting in about 40 hours a week. I mean I love what I am doing! There's not much I'd rather do then study the Bible and create art! However, I have reached a point where I am so overwhelmed and I get tired but I still want to complete my projects to the best of my ability. Meanwhile still trying to balance a relationship with God, Kyla, friends, and being active and healthy and also having time to relax. My point is that I'm sure you can relate to what I have just told you. We all have times where we are so beat we almost don't know what to do. Have you ever felt like you accomplish so much but you never get closer to the end? That's where I'm at. My spirit has grown weak.
     Today I had to be reminded by my Heavenly Father that he alone is my strength. How else could I do it? Funny how the tougher times get the more tendency we have to take control of the situation instead of handing it to God. Today's thought is very straight forward but so beyond comprehension. When you are weak, your health is bad, you are at the breaking point, God is your strength. When you have nothing left to give, no energy in the tank, God lifts you up and fills you with his Spirit. Why I doubt I don't know because time and time again God has lifted me out of the depths of being incapable yet each time I think I need to do it on my own. We are never required to fight or even take a single step on our own. God has been our strength and will continue to be. Simply let him. You have three options, try to push through it, give up or give it to God.

You are weak
God is strong

Do the math!

No comments:

Post a Comment